Tuesday, July 10, 2007

revive07

Revive07 held many surprises, especially for our family. I attended pridefully unexpectant, but left full of gratefulness. I didn't think that Revive could compare with the Celebration conferences of the past. Thankfully the Lord does not function within the perimeters I set up in my mind. Not only did he leave me refreshed by the worship, preaching, and fellowship, but changed my sinful approaches to self-sacrifice and evangelism. Most exciting of all, my little bro, Steven, accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior!! I am so grateful for God's kindness to our family and to Stevie. I asked him to write down his testimony for me, so I will be posting that soon. Until then, enjoy these pics from the conference.

...You did awesome things that we did not look for, you came down, the mountains quaked at your presence. From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him. You meet him who joyfully works righteousness, those who remember you in your ways. Isaiah 64:3-5

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Isn't the Lord so kind to meet us in the midst of our pride? I so enjoyed spending time with you, roomie!, and discussing the messages on the way home (in between music videos and singing really loud, of course!)